Operating Unit Director
Northrop Grumman Technology Services seeks a highly motivated leader for the Sustainment Engineering and Technical Center (SETC) Operating Unit (OU). This position serves as the Operating Unit Director with a P&L responsibility of approximately $150M in annual sales and 300 employees. SETC's headquarters are in Oklahoma City, OK with other operating locations in Dayton, Indianapolis, and Warner Robins. Successful candidate will be responsible for leading and managing a diverse portfolio of sustaining engineering, modernization, technical data, and component repair programs. Position also serves as the NGTS Site/Facilities Director at Oklahoma City.
Individual will support the System Modernization, Engineering and Sustainment (SMES) Business Unit by ensuring that program performance meets customer expectations and by identifying new business opportunities to sustain and grow the OU business long term. Candidate must have a successful track record in identifying, bidding, and leading programs with successful, quantified business results.
The selected individual will determine organizational objectives in accordance with business unit strategies and policies, and will be responsible for achieving the business objectives of the operating unit, both financial and non-financial.
Candidate should possess a broad background with a varying portfolio of experiences in program management, including experience with the design, development, manufacture, test, evaluation, deployment or support of avionic subsystems. The selected individual will be required to interact effectively with executive level management and communicate effectively in both oral and written presentations. Responsibilities include leadership and management of a globally dispersed organization, ensuring successful program execution, and leadership in identification and successful pursuit of future business opportunities to expand the OU business base for the future.
The Operating Unit Director position will be located in Oklahoma City, OK and some travel is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical, business, or related field and a minimum of 15-years related experience is required.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance.
- Strong leadership skills and a track record of building high-performance teams, with a particular focus on program performance and employee development, engagement and retention.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Successful program management experience.
- Successful track record of identification and capture of new business.
- Master's Degree in a related field is preferred.
- Proven experience effectively working with Tinker Air Force Base and/or other Air Force Logistic Complexes.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead an organization with diverse responsibilities.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top