Operating Unit Contracts Manager 2
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place you. Northrop Grumman Advanced Defense Services Division is seeking an Operating Unit Contracts Manager 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Herndon, VA.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life.
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
The Operating Unit Contracts Manager will need to provide contractual strategy leadership as well as have the ability to mentor assigned staff and manage all contract administration efforts within the assigned Operating Unit. The Position will serve in a leadership role as a Contracts Manager 2 supporting an OU within the new Business Unit structure for the Advanced Defense Services Division. The position reports directly to the Business Unit Contracts Manager.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Developing highly effective internal/external client relations
- Managing the team responsible for the administration of the contracts within the OU portfolio, proposal strategy and review
- Review and approval of contractual documents for protection of company's contractual posture, adherence to company policies, the advisement to various levels of leadership regarding contractual rights and obligations and interpretation of terms and conditions
- Development of contract professionals and representation of the Operating Unit externally with our customers from a contractual relationship.
- In addition, she/he may be required to travel periodically.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 8 years of related contracts experience.
- Must possess leadership qualities with the ability to provide sound advice on a wide range of contractual and business related matters.
- Experience with all contract types to include firm fixed price (FFP) Cost Reimbursable and Time and Material contracts.
- Relevant experience to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, legal requirements and customer specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to protect contract baselines with diligent attention to managing contract change activities.
- Analytical approach to problem solving , risk assessment and strategy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to mentor and train assigned staff.
- Strong proposal development skills, solid negotiation skills, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A knowledge of FAR, DFAR and agency regulations is required.
- US Citizenship required
- Master's Degree or higher.
- Experience leading a team or project
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and influence others.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to be flexible and change directions when needed.
- Ability to work independently but collaboratively with stakeholders, BU Contracts Manager and other subject matter experts.
- Active DOD Secret Security Clearance desired.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making
decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or
any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is
required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top