Oper Unmanned Aerial Veh 4
Remotely operates unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) identified from ground control station or airborne platform and recovers vehicle. Plans and analyzes flight missions. Performs pre-flight, in-flight and post-flight checks and procedures. Stores and retrieves intelligence data using computer. May oversee and assist in air frame repair.
RQ-7Bv2 Standards Operator supporting US military operations CONUS AND OCONUS. Serves as a training facilitator responsible for instructing, testing and certifying qualified instructor operators and air vehicle operators in RQ-7Bv2 Emergency Procedures, Flight Logic, Map to Video Correlation, Simulator Flights, and Flight Line Operations. Prepares and presents hands-on instruction, conducts flight evaluations to include exams, remedial and supplemental instruction.. Provides feedback to qualified instructor operators and air vehicle operators verbally and in writing of their performance. Conducts annual aviation readiness testing to qualified RQ-7Bv2 instructor operators and air vehicle operators. . Possesses and maintains a Federal Aviation Administration Class II or III flight physical as required. Assists technical writers develop training lesson plans and materials. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities. Reviews and updates course content and objectives and makes changes when necessary. Maintains training records, participant progress, and program effectiveness. Conducts research into new training, educational, and multimedia technologies. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned. Maintain currency and proficiency in the RQ-7Bv2 Shadow UAS as well as maintain all requirements as defined in applicable in the most up to date version of DCMA 8210.1/AR95-20 and other Government manuals. Serves as an Aerial Vehicle Operator or Payload Operator when not performing instructor duties. Maintains Directorate of Evaluations and Standards (DES) proficiency IAW current and future US Army regulations via “notice” and/or “no notice” written, oral and flight exams. May serve as on-site UAS AVO/MPO/IO in support of US Army requirements CONUS OCONUS if needed.
- Safely and effectively perform the duties of an AVO/MPO/IO without supervision, including flight, ground equipment operator setup/maintenance and logs and records
- Coordinate flight schedules, airspace, resources, frequency management and other aspects of flight operations.
- Additional duties will include emplacement/displacement/inspection and replenishment of other associated ground equipment as well as proper notation of logbooks and flight records.
- Perform as a Subject Matter Expert for operator related issues.
- Participate in site surveys and review conferences with customers.
- Will at times be required to work odd shifts, weekends, and /or extended hours
Skills and Characteristics:
Outstanding attention to detail. High degree of communication skills both written and verbal. Team organizer and facilitator. Ability to work with minimal to no supervision. Practice ISO 9001 principles and concepts. Basic Microsoft suite computer skills are required.
- Must be certified as a RQ-7Bv2 Shadow UAS System Standards Operator and maintain currency IAW Defense Contracting Management Agency Instruction 8210.1/Army Regulation 95-20.
- Must have and maintain a current Class II or III FAA Flight Physical\ as required. Most possess and maintain a Secret clearance for this position.
AA or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and 6 years related experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top