On-Call Numerical Control Programmer 4
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services Numerical Control Programmer that develops and writes programs for numerically controlled machines using engineering specifications and drawings. Analyzes engineering drawings to define configuration of parts and determine type and sequence of machine operations. Develops programs for machining parts, tools, or sheet metal on numerically controlled machine tools. Makes proper cutter selections for each part, taking into consideration such factors as speeds, types of cutters, feeds, and control system limitations. Selects program routines for the most efficient computer calculation of dimensional and machining requirements for each part. Tests and modifies existing parts programs for engineering changes or program improvements.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services at Ogden, UT is seeking an On-Call Part-Time Numerical Control Programmer that:
- Develops and writes programs for numerically controlled machines using engineering specifications and drawings.
- Analyzes engineering drawings to define configuration of parts and determine type and sequence of machine operations.
- Develops programs for machining parts, tools, or sheet metal on numerically controlled machine tools.
- Makes proper cutter selections for each part, taking into consideration such factors as speeds, types of cutters, feeds, and control system limitations.
- Selects program routines for the most efficient computer calculation of dimensional and machining requirements for each part.
- Tests and modifies existing parts programs for engineering changes or program improvements.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of increasing scope and complexity as assigned
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 6 years of related experience.
- Must have experience and the ability to program with Siemens NX CAD software.
- Additional degrees in a related field
- Related Certifications from an accredited institution.
- 10 years of related experience.
- Experience with DMG-MORI CNC machines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top