O&M Manager - Mgr Systems Engineering 2
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence...The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's team to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) suite of computer and automated software applications. CBP PSPD supports a broad range of complex business systems which are instrumental to the CBP mission of securing our borders while facilitating legitimate trade and travel.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a qualified and experienced O&M Manager with a background in working alongside architects, systems engineers, software developers, architects, testers, operations specialists, and database specialists through the development of enterprise and system architectures. This position will include working within the Scaled Agile Framework for the enterprise (SAFe) framework in the development of an O&M team to provide support to a large and complex mix of legacy and modernized systems. This position will also follow guidelines recommended by the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), IT Service Management.
- Manage the O&M team on their daily tasking to provide support to all the PSPD applications
- Overseeing and tracking of progress of the tasks for the O&M team
- Provide support for the infrastructure changes in verification of the PSPD applications
- Provide support the incident management changes and verification of the PSPD applications
- Provide support during deployment of software releases and verification of the PSPD applications
- Coordinate with PSPD Tier 2 team members and triage issue appropriately
- Coordinate with PSPD Govt Leadership and reporting to NG and Govt leadership on a frequent basis
- Coordinate with PSPD Division Managers during maintenance of PSPD applications
- Manage and lead direct reports which will involve career coaching/mentoring and development and performance review management and execution
- Work with internal and external partners to help identify and mitigate system level issues that come up on the operational systems to ensure minimal outages.
- Work with project teams to help resolve production and other issues that arise on the operational systems.
- Work with project teams to ensure that deployments happen with minimal impact to related systems and verify functionality of those systems are deployments are complete.
- Technical Leadership –Coach and mentor senior technical team members and more junior engineers in the areas of system infrastructure and development.
This position could will require some after-hours support.
This role will require knowledge of technical skills, with prior experience developing using one or more of the following technologies
- Message Queue (MQ) Frameworks
- Java / J2EE / Enterprise Java solutions and frameworks
- Oracle Database technologies
- Web Application hosting on WebLogic
- 11 Years with Bachelors in Science; 9 Years with Masters; 6 Years with PhD
- Prior experience having lead and managed teams
- Must have an active or able to obtain a DHS/CBP security clearance.
- Experience developing web services for an operational/production environment
- Experience with Agile project management methodologies, including Scrum
- Ability to communicate effectively with project staff
- Must be a team player, self-motivated, self-starter and a quick learner
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong listening skills
- Strong customer service experience
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills
- Strong experience with Atlassian toolset, including Jira, Confluence, and Bamboo.
All work will be performed on site at CBP offices in Northern Virginia. Some local travel to various CBP sites may be required. Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- 5 years' experience supporting Oracle application and database environments.
- Prior experience with CBP
- ITIL Certification or similar
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top