Office Moves & Furniture Manager 2
- Redondo Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for launch systems capabilities serving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
SSSD has an opening for a Office Moves & Furniture Manager 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The Office Moves & Furniture Manager will report to the Planning & Site Strategy Manager and be responsible for day to day leadership of their Facilities Move Coordination team.
- Managing Day-To-Day projects and activities of the NGC and Contracted Move Services personnel.
- Developing and administering the Redondo and Manhattan Beach - Space Park Site Move Schedules and Office Furniture Deployment.
- Managing office furniture inventories and warehouse activities.
- Managing and processing vendor bill of ladings and invoices.
- Coordinating with Facilities Planners and office furniture vendors on office furniture deployments and installations.
- Ensure safety and industry move services best practices are being followed and executed according to OSHA and NGC Health & Safety code parameters.
- Functional responsibilities will include the perfomance management of personnel and day to day management or direct reports
- Bachelor's Degree with five (5) years of industrial move management, office planning management, or related facilities experience.
- Three (3) years of successful leadership or management experience involving teams executing industrial move services management.
- Demonstrated success in industrial moves services with a thorough understanding of building codes, safety requirements, and other regulatory requirements that affect facilities, moves, and office furniture installation management.
- Demonstrated ability to set/align objectives and direct a move services project team within a work environment of divergent demands and input.
- Experience executing project integration tasks, leading across multiple departments and technical domains.
- Experience in schedule analysis and priority management.
- Exprience and comfort utilizing Microsoft Office software applications including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Government clearance up to Top Secret and Special Program Access
- Industrial aerospace move services within classified facilities.
- Experience utilizing Maximo and/or Archibus
- Excellent communication, organization, and presentation communication skills.
Back to top