Numerical Control Programmer
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Numerical Control Programmer to join its Manufacturing Organization. This position is located in Linthicum, Maryland.
Program Numerical Control (CNC) Equipment through the use of Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) programming tools. Adjunct to this function, the NC programmer is required to plan and design the tooling required to perform associated NC operations.
- Working from piece part, assembly and layout drawings and manufacturing routing, develop or modify NC code which produces piece parts according to the requirements stipulated in the drawing package. Drawing package interpretation requires knowledge of internal manufacturing processes, drafting standards and geometric tolerancing.
- Application of principles of automation in programming and fixture design/utilization should be considered to provide for economical and efficient production of the piece part.
- Create/modify machine post processors such that NC code can be output for all CNC controls. Detailed understanding of machine controllers and their associated machinelanguage is needed in orderthat fullutilization of each machine tool can be obtained for each Post Processor.
- Develop computer systems environment to promote standardization of programming methods and system tools. This encompasses a detailed understanding of system and application architecture to best utilize tools for the efficient and economical creation of NC code.
- Confer with machine tool and CAM manufactures and suppliers to effectively resolve system and controller problems as well as learning new and more efficient means of producing a part.
- Create/modify tooling in order to effect Engineering product design and change. Confer with Engineering and Drafting on possibilities for manufacturing economy through design simplification and standardization of parts. Represent Tool Design department in planning committee meeting and make recommendations concerning the economical manufacturing procedures.
- Responsible for the efficiency, safety, design, simplicity and economical operation of NC programs and tools designed to produce piece parts.
This is a SEA Union represented position.
This is a2nd shift position.
Phase 1 requirement - Minimum 8 years experience with a minimum of 5 years in CNC Machine Operation and a minimum of 3 years Programming Experience.
Phase 2 requirement - Minimum two years college level study in an Engineering Discipline with an emphasis in Manufacturing Engineering
Required for Phase 1 & 2 - Minimum 8 years experience with a minimum of 5 years in CNC Machine Operation and a minimum of 3 years Programming Experience.
Preferred Qualifications: None
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top