Northrop Grumman (DoD SkillBridge) - Project Manager Grand Forks, ND
- Grand Forks, ND
As one of the largest global security companies in the world, Northrop Grumman is proud to help our nation's military personnel make the transition to civilian careers. Approximately 1/4th of Northrop Grumman's 90,000 employees self-identify as veterans, and more than 1,600 are reservists.
The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program (NG-MIP) is an approved SkillBridge Program under Dept. of Defense Instruction 1322.29 .The NG-MIP program is an opportunity for transitioning service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through an individual internship during their last 6 months of service, for up to 180 days. The Northrop Grumman Military internship Program is open to all ranks and experience levels. SkillBridge participants are not eligible for compensation from Northrop Grumman, as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as active-duty service members.
Responsibilities for this internship position are
Northrop Grumman Corporation (NGC) has developed the Northrop Grumman - Military Internship Program (DoD SKillbridge) utilizing the DoDI guidance for Skillbridge. During this program the service member will be on-site at his or her host company performing an individual internship in an entry to mid-level career type role. The service member will be on the job training supporting a work schedule equivalent to 40hrs per week. Outlined below are the Goals, Objectives, and Outcomes for the program.
Goals - Provide transitioning service members fellowship-style job skills training during the last portion(s) of their military commitment. This program is specifically designed to offer internships that result in the potential to transition to a full-time opportunity as the conclusion of the training. Interns will serve as a pipeline for high-speed, motivated military candidates into NGC.
Objectives - Service Members who complete the Intern program will be highly-trained, capable, future employees that align to the specific needs of the organization and are prepared to meet the NG mission "Defining Possible" on Day 1. This program provides a comprehensive internship experience including professional development, networking with leadership, and training specifically focused on NG leadership principles, company history, customer/stakeholder engagement, product and service overview, and core job responsibilities.
Outcome- Offer transitioning service member a rewarding opportunity to join the Northrop Grumman team.
DoD SkillBridge Eligibility:
- Has served at least 180 days on active duty
- Is within 12 months of separation or retirement
- Will receive an honorable discharge
- Has taken any service TAPS/TGPS
- Has attended or participated in an ethics brief within the last 12 months
- Received Unit Commander (first O-4/Field Grade commander in chain of command) written authorization and approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge Program prior to start of internship.
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Project Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Grand Sky ND for the Program Integration Team.
As a member of the Program Integration Team (PIT), you will be responsible for insuring the timely execution of the top level tasks associated with all projects at Grand Sky. Specifically, the PIT is responsible for monitoring and managing those elements that require oversight across the Site and functional teams, ensuring timeliness and compliance consistent with NG Corporate requirements and the contractual scope of any and all of the programs supported at Grand Sky. The PIT accomplishes this by monitoring key elements of program execution to ensure that the Grand Sky Leadership team is aware of, and performing tasks required to complete contractual actions and closures consistent with contracts and deliverable milestones
- Candidate must possess Project Management experience to include development and tracking of project milestones, measuring performance and ensuring successful completion of organizational goals. Additionally must have experience integrating new software and hardware requirements through testing, evaluation, and documentation.
- Candidate will oversee and manage ongoing projects and serve as liaison between project management, business management, and integrated product teams.
- Responsible for planning and program performance addressing cost, schedule, technical performance, and quality of a contract deliverables on a large development-type contract.
- Will review status of projects and budgets; manage schedules and prepare status reports. Must be able to assess project issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals.
- Candidate must thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse tasks, and a collaborative team setting across all business and function levels of management and integrated employees.
- Must be able to coordinate with senior Cost Account Managers (CAMs), organizing cost and schedule management teams to maintain Earned Value (EV) of work packages and program schedules.
- Development of IMS and managing project technical execution of myriad projects inside a large-scale development effort.
- Develop customer and partner relationship across multiple levels/functions
- Coordinate with Business Development to translate customer needs into specific requirements and identifying / tailoring company services and solutions into offerings
- Assist in all aspects proposal planning, preparation, and submittal efforts
- Develop accurate program cost and schedule estimates for new business opportunities.
- Provide direction to multi-disciplinary program management and engineering teams in business capture and proposal efforts.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree AND 3 years of related professional/military experience that includes a background in project management
- 2+ years of PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Must have an Active DoD Secret clearance
- Meets DoD SkillBridge Qualifications as per DODI 1322.29
- Received Unit Commander's approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge
- Experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead, integrated program team or cost account manager.
- Demonstrated success aligning teams, organizations or employee resource groups to achieve a common goal.
- The ability to address program uncertainty through an organized and analytical forward-looking approach that identifies risks and opportunities, determines appropriate handling plans, and manages, controls, and communicates risks and opportunities throughout the lifecycle of the program.
- The ability to initiate, develop, integrate, execute, direct and control program plans and cost and schedule baselines that meet both program contractual requirements and stakeholder expectations.
- The ability to plan for, identify, estimate, cost, acquire, schedule, and retire resources needed to satisfy program requirements within organizational constraints.
Back to top