Non Destructive Test Tech 4 (Palmdale, CA)
- Palmdale, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems (NGAS) is looking for a Non Destructive Test Tech 4 for a program located in the Palmdale, CA facility within the Quality department.
- Performs non-destructive tests (NDT) on aircraft engines or components.
- Inspects metallic and nonmetallic materials, parts and assemblies for defects using automated and manual methods and techniques including radiography, ultrasonic, penetrant, eddy current, shearography, thermography and magnetic particle.
- Requires certifications in non-destructive testing in accordance with regulations.
- High School Diploma/GED and 6 years of Non Destructive Test experience
- Able to be subject to areas which could cause various phobias due to height or close spaces
- Must be willing to work any shift, overtime or non-standard work schedule
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs
- Certification in Multiple Non Destructive Inspection (NDI) Disciplines
- 2 Year degree/certification from NDI Training Institution
- Mobile Automated Ultrasonic System experience
- Active Secret Clearance
Back to top