Non Destructive Test Tech 3 (Palmdale, CA) - Military & Veterans Encouraged to Apply
- Palmdale, CA
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems (NGAS) is looking for a Non Destructive Test Tech 3 for a program located in the Palmdale, CA facility within the Quality department.
- Performs non-destructive tests (NDT) on aircraft engines or components.
- Inspects metallic and nonmetallic materials, parts and assemblies for defects using automated and manual methods and techniques including radiography, ultrasonic, penetrant, eddy current, shearography, thermography and magnetic particle.
- Requires certifications in non-destructive testing in accordance with regulations.
- High School Diploma/GED and 4 years of Non Destructive Test experience
- Able to be subject to areas which could cause various phobias due to height or close spaces
- Must be willing to work any shift, overtime or non-standard work schedule
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- Certification in Multiple Non Destructive Inspection (NDI) Disciplines
- 2 Year degree/certification from NDI Training Institution
- Mobile Automated Ultrasonic System experience
- Active Secret Clearance
- Transitioning service member or veteran of the U.S. military service or current military guard or reserve member.
- Spouse of a transitioning military service member or current military guard or reserve member.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top