Non Destructive Test Tech 3 (Palmdale, CA)
- Palmdale, CA
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems (NGAS) is looking for a Non Destructive Test Tech 3 for a program located in the Palmdale, CA facility within the Quality department.
- Performs non-destructive tests (NDT) on aircraft engines or components.
- Inspects metallic and nonmetallic materials, parts and assemblies for defects using automated and manual methods and techniques including radiography, ultrasonic, penetrant, eddy current, shearography, thermography and magnetic particle.
- Requires certifications in non-destructive testing in accordance with regulations.
- High School Diploma/GED and 4 years of Non Destructive Test experience
- Able to be subject to areas which could cause various phobias due to height or close spaces
- Must be willing to work any shift, overtime or non-standard work schedule
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- Certification in Multiple Non Destructive Inspection (NDI) Disciplines
- 2 Year degree/certification from NDI Training Institution
- Mobile Automated Ultrasonic System experience
- Active Secret Clearance
Back to top