Non Destructive Test Tech 1
- Brigham City, UT
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Non Destructive Test Tech 1 to join our Nondestructive Testing (NDT) team at our Promontory, Utah office.
We are seeking individuals to enter a highly rewarding career path in Nondestructive Testing. These positions within the Quality organization are responsible for critical inspections of aerospace assemblies. Technicians who do not have prior experience will be trained in NDT processes and must demonstrate continual progress toward and obtain a Level 2 certification. Technicians with prior NDT experience, including existing Level 2 certifications, will be trained to inspect product for NASA and other customers.
Position can be filled at a higher level when experience and qualifications warrants it.
- The primary training focus will be in the area of radiographic inspection (RT) of rocket motors using digital systems and Dye Penetrant inspection (PT) of metal components. Personnel currently holding other Level 1 or higher certifications are encouraged to apply.
- Support of other NDT methods will include Radiography (RT), Magnetic Particle (MT), Dye Penetrant (PT), Eddy Current (ET), Infrared Thermography (IRT), and/or Leak Testing (LT)
- Handling and movement of energetic and non-energetic parts and components is required to perform inspections.
- Continual cross train in other NDT methods will be provided if not already certified.
- Overtime, weekend, and shift work will be required
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED (education will be verified)
- Must pass the 20/25 Snellen or Jaeger No. 1 vision test for NAS 410 certification
- Advanced PC skills including proficiency with MS Office products, and electronic planning and drawings.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills in English.
- Experience with specification and drawing interpretations.
- Familiarity with basic dimensional inspection equipment/ hand tools.
- Perform physical requirements of this position including lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality, ability to work over time, and other shifts as required
- Background in NDT of Aerospace products
- Graduate of NDT Trade School program
- 1+ years of documented hours as an NDT Level 1 inspector; preferred certification is Radiography (RT), Magnetic Particle (MT), Dye Penetrant (PT), Eddy Current (ET), and Ultrasound (UT). Other Level 1 certifications are encouraged to apply. RECORDS REQUIRED
Back to top