Node.js Developer 5
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Node.js Developer 5 who will support several projects a large federal agency. These positions will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Health Systems Management operating unit, which focuses on Healthcare IT solutions for our Federal, State, and Local government clients. The qualified candidate should also have strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills with a keen attention to detail.
Description of Work:
- Provide development support to the government client and enable design, development, and implementation for a Disability System.
- Participate in the full life cycle of an agile project and design and develop user interfaces/applications and conduct testing
- Understands the business problem statement, user scenarios, and technical constraints
- Plan for and conduct implementation activities
- Participate in planning, retrospectives, demos and daily stand-ups
- Continuously develops knowledge and skills on pertinent systems
- Perform thorough unit and functional testing of the code to ensure high quality bug free code
- Provide weekly and monthly status to the management
- Develop presentations in MS PowerPoint and conduct briefings to project stakeholders
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
- Become knowledgeable on the HIPAA policies and procedures for the program and ensure awareness of HIPAA breach process. Understand your role in HIPAA compliance and be able to execute that role in an effective manner
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelor's degree and 14 years of experience, Master's degree and 12 years of experience, or 18 years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Minimum of 1 or more years experience with Express, Reactjs, Nodejs with a MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, and/or PostgreSQL database:
- Experience with popular Node.js web frameworks and/or utility libraries such as: Express, Hapi, Underscore/Lodash, Async, Bluebird, and Grunt.
- Experience with code coverage, unit testing, and integration tests.
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. Git).
- Strong proficiency working with database systems such as MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, and/or PostgreSQL.
- Minimum of 1 or more years of experience in Agile/Scrum methodology and tools (e.g. such as Rally, JIRA, or Version One)
- Minimum of 6 or more months experience in at least two of the following technologies: Node.js, and/or React.js., Angular, Express.js, NGINX, and Redis
- Must be a US Citizen or a US Lawful Permanent Resident (Green card holder)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Prior Social Security Administration (SSA)
- 3+ years of Java or Java J2EE experience
- Experience with relational database systems including PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, and DB2; and writing complex SQL queries
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience with ECMAScript 6
- Experience with designing and developing distributed systems
- Experience with microservices and respective architecture design principles and scalability best practices
- Experience with Container Technologies Docker - (swarm, compose)
- Experience with scheduling and orchestration technologies (kubernetes, zookeeper, etcd, consul)
- Experience in creating API design/technical documentation (Raml, swagger)
- Experience in using debugging and observability tools for live systems dtrace, strace dtruss
- Experience in post-mortem analysis of a node process
- Experience in messaging protocols such as AMQP (Rabbitmq, Kafka, Nats).
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top