New Grad Software Engineer 1 - Opportunities in Oklahoma City, OK
Software Engineer 1 – New Graduate Opportunities in Oklahoma City
Where will you find innovation, cutting-edge technology and the opportunity to work with some of the best minds united by their mission to protect the world? Right here at Northrop Grumman! We're a team of new graduates, interns and experienced professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. Our teams work with pride across business units toward a common goal: global security. Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. Our work is challenging and rewarding but most of all, its work that makes a difference in our world today! Join us and launch your career! We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
These positions will be within the Aerospace Systems Sector supporting our Centers of Excellence for Military Aircraft Systems Software. Opportunities are located in Oklahoma City, OK / Tinker AFB.
- Design, develop, integrate, and test software.
- Determine user needs; analyze system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls and documentation.
- Architect, design and develop an advanced system and realize the concept into a prototype or production system.
- Perform moderately complex tasks and ensure software standards are met.
- Work with highly energetic team members on new concepts and demonstrate to internal/external customers
Candidates must be a new or recent graduate with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline.
- Requires experience coding in two of the following programming languages: C, C , C# or JAVA.
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office suite applications: Power Point, Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
- Knowledge of real time embedded system software development for flight/safety-critical applications, use of Object-Oriented software design/development methods, and development using Linux or Windows at the system level.
- Knowledge in Real time Database applications
- Familiar with rtos development environment
- Experience using VxWorks, Matlab, Simulink, DDS, Rhapsody, and Eclipse are a plus.
- Knowledge or experience with .NET, C#, Web Services, python and object oriented programing.
- Experience and/or Knowledge in CMMI Level 4 and 5 processes and system integration with subsystems are desired.
- Service and component-based interface software development, system testing, debugging, and deployment. Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Design Patterns, UML, GUI development & Agile development process.
- Familiarity of middleware communication protocols.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top