Networks Engineer 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Networks Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA. The selected candidate will be responsible for the requirements, design (including drawings), integration, testing, implementation, troubleshooting, configuration management, and sustainment of the UAS internet protocol network configurations throughout the program's lifecycle.
- Coordinate regularly with Government network engineers
- Coordinate network team initiatives and issues to program leadership at boards and technical meetings
- Provide status and reports to the program Senior Network Engineers.
- Support Senior Network Engineers with evaluating and reporting on new network and communications technologies to improve system network capabilities.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's or Masters Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) related field from an accredited institution.
- Must have at least 2 Years of STEM related experience or 0 years and a Master's Degree.
- Active DoD SECRET clearance
- Experience with network technology; preferred in the following areas: complex network infrastructures, including routers, switches, gateways, firewall systems, multi-function switches, multiplexers, hubs, load balancers, security devices, and
- WAN accelerators
- Quality of Service, multicast (PIM-SM/DM), OSPF, BGP, HSRP, NSA Type I encryption, VOIP, and IPSec tunneling, GRE tunneling
- UDP/TCP and network technologies such as DNS, DHCP, TFTP, NAT
- Network security practices, including IDS/IPS and ACLs
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification
- Proficiency with Cisco routers and switches, WAN accelerators, and HAIPE encryptors
- Experience with integrating networks in an unmanned aircraft system (UAS) environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top