Network Test Engineer 3 (17-012)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Sector organization is seeking a Network Test Engineer to be a member of the Colorado Springs Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (SEIT) organization. This position requires a motivated individual to support a team for network infrastructure test execution and planning. Responsibilities include: Coordinate, develop and execute detailed test plans and procedures to test infrastructure and network design implementation in an integrated environment or to test specific capabilities; Execute test of network devices communication paths and capacity performance; conduct post-test data analysis and reporting; Create test Discrepancy Reports to document issues and assist development with the investigation and resolution of issues; Review and comment on testability issues, obvious design flaws, anticipate data collection points and coordinate development of plans for and conduct of anomaly test and analysis as required; Perform network management and monitoring of lab networks to include development applications and associated hardware.
This position is located in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Bachelor's degree in Network Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or Software Engineering or related discipline
- Active Secret clearance
- JNCIA/Security or CCNA/CCNP/Security certification
- 5 years of experience in testing and evaluation of a network-intensive system in a variety of test environments/venues
- Experience should include: network infrastructure related test/analysis planning and execution; planning and execution of test data collection; and test data analysis and reporting
- Analysis experience should involve characterizing system, networks, or component performance using quantitative methods; reporting the characterization to subsequent users; and contributing to performance assessments
- Strong level appropriate leadership and interpersonal communications skills both written and verbal to include demonstrated experience with briefing customer, team leadership, and program personnel
- Understanding of messaging architectures (e.g., Service Bus Architecture) and infrastructure components
- Working knowledge of Network Transport, Management, and Security hardware and software capabilities
- Ability to conduct tests, collect and analyze data from those tests, communicate results to test team members, test management, other program teams, and the customer through both presentations and formal test reports
- Experience in the troubleshooting of infrastructure or network problems
- Familiarity with routing and switching protocols
- Proficiency in Windows and Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of network intrusion detection
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with network drawing tools such as Visio, and network monitoring tools such as Network Management and Monitoring System, OPNET, Wireshark and HP Operations Manager
- Ability to critically assess network designs
- Expertise in network management systems, Sidewinder Firewall functions and software
- Working knowledge of Tactical Data Links, including J/K series
- Skilled at network trouble shooting procedures and best practices
- Experience with network challenges associated with systems integration, including COTS integration, capacity analysis, and system architecture design
- KG-175 experience
- Detailed knowledge of Cisco or Juniper WAN and LAN hardware and software and the ability to install and configure
- Working knowledge of JUNIPER products
- Experience with Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) element communication architecture across satellite and terrestrial paths (e.g., Aegis, Patriot, GMD, THAAD, SBX).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top