Network Specialist with Firewall Experience
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Network Specialist with Firewall Experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Raleigh, NC. This is an on-site position with no telecommute possibilities. This position is part of the Northrop Grumman's ETS Contract with the United States Postal Service, bringing top of the line professional technologists to their teams.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence... The qualified applicant will become part of the Northrop Grumman's ETS Contract with the United States Postal Service, bringing top of the line professional technologists to their teams.
This individual shall independently perform enterprise-level network troubleshooting, propose enhancements to improve performance and reduce costs of maintaining a compliant network. They shall work independently or semi-independently with a minimum of guidance or direction. There will be occasional on-call and pager rotation with this position.
Roles and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ability to troubleshoot firewalls, Routing/Switching, proxy, and load balancing issues (both Cisco and Juniper)
- Resolve any connectivity issues.
Implementing firewall change requests (Access List).
Implementing routing/switching changes.
- Troubleshoot complex L2 and L3 issues.
- Routing/switching design/installation and configuration.
- Coordinate with remote users to install/configure equipment on site.
- Support existing Juniper and Cisco layer 2 and layer 3 infrastructure switches including Cisco's 6500, 2950, and 3550 series LAN switches.
Design and implement complex network solutions in compliance with customer requirements.
Evaluate any infrastructure and communications between organization and its vendors.
Developing system connectivity requirements for connections to external systems, externally facing applications (e.g., FTP servers), and connections via the Internet to development, production, and internal networks.
Analyzing business cases, architectural diagrams, and supporting documents for connectivity requests.
- Work with Firewall Management Platform.
- Follow Remedy and Service Now tickets to closure
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or associated discipline and 5 years experience. Additional experience may be accepted in lieu of Degree.
- Minimum 7 total years of networking experience.
- Experience with Firewalls (Cisco, Juniper, SRX, ASA) and ACL configuration
- Strong knowledge with CIDR / Subnet Masking
- Strong knowledge of network security
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance – US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder), and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in last 5 years.
- Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- PCI Compliance experience
- CCNA / CCNA Security / CCNP
- Local to the Raleigh, NC area (this position does not provide relocation assistance)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top