Network Specialist NOC, Cisco - TS Clearance
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a NetworkSpecialist NOCto join our team of qualified and diverse individuals to become part of the Vanguard Program at Department of State. The qualified applicant will work with a team of network professionals supporting the Department of State's Enterprise Network Management Operations Center (ENMOC) support unit. This position will be located in Beltsville, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supports this program's 24x7x365 Enterprise Network Management Operations Center supporting, monitoring, and maintaining the Department of State's globally connected network
- Provides Tier 2 & 3 incident/problem management for LAN/WAN devices by identifying the source of problems and resolving configuration issues or anomalies related to those problems
- Uses established network monitoring and reporting tools to diagnose, troubleshoot, and document network performance issues based on utilization, packet loss, and latency
- Collaborates with vendors & engineers to implement and support modernization efforts and solve complex issues
- Performs quality control assessments to identify and resolve configuration and security issues
- Uses configuration management tools and command line interface to performs change requests on Cisco routers and switches and other vendor equipment as necessary
To be considered for this position, the qualified candidate must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 5 years of diversified LAN/WAN experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Must have experience in Cisco Network and Security Technologies to include understanding routing and switching protocols and configuring and troubleshooting routers and switches
- Must understand LAN/WAN architectures to include virtual and cloud environments
- Must have working experience with SNMP, Netflow, packet analysis, and troubleshooting with network tools
- Must have prior or active experience in a Network Operations Center or equivalent operational environment
- Must currently hold a Top Secret Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Prior experience with Department of State or Department of Defense
- CCNA, CCNP, or Advanced troubleshooting/problem determination skills with Cisco products, routing protocols, knowledge of transport and circuit troubleshooting
- Knowledge of network tools or management platforms such as: Remedy, Kratos NeuralStar, HP Opsware, F5 BIG-IP Configuration Manager, MS Visio, SolarWinds, Wireshark, or Niksun NetVCR
- Security, F5 Load Balancers, Firewall, or Cloud certification or equivalent experience is a plus!
Back to top