Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
We are seeking a EA Server Administrator in Colorado Springs, CO. The position will support the Personnel Security/Assurance (PSA) Division within the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC). The Server Administrator is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and implementing solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations. This individual will support a group of maintenance Software Engineers and their development, QA and production environments. The Server Administrator will help ensure all systems are operational, perform upgrades to the current infrastructure, maintain all computer operating systems to current patch levels, install products as needed and perform security hardening of systems. Interaction with networking engineers and database engineers will also occur. Ability to troubleshoot problems via a console on a server or workstation sufficient to have a support group make repairs is required. Knowledge of scripting and the ability to restore the server from disks or backups is also needed.
Candidate duties will consist of but are not limited to:
- Provide analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of hardware for products.
- Develop test strategies, devices, and systems.
- Performs stress and performance tests on a variety of computer hardware including circuit boards, processors and wiring.
- B.S. degree 10 year experience, or M.S. degree 7 year experience, or Ph. D 3 year experience.
- Extensive experience maintaining an Enterprise Application Server in production environment
- Strong systems engineering background
- Experience with large interconnected systems
- Ability to work as a member of a team on complex tasks
- Familiarity with agile and other software development methodologies
- Familiarity with government environments and standards
- Active Secret clearance
- Experience working within the DMDC PSA division.
- Active Top Secret clearance and Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top