Network Monitoring Tech 4 - (17-073)
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Network Monitoring Tech to help support a program located in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Oversees network management and monitoring operations of the C2BMC network communications infrastructure and associated interfaces to the Ballistic Missile Defense Communications Network (BMD COMNET)
- Monitors network management software, generating ad hoc queries for network assistance, and directing courses of action
- Sustains a watch on network performance characteristics and infrastructure
- Centrally monitors and controls network infrastructure, available bandwidth, hardware and server devices, and performs network configuration changes, characterization and optimization
- Analyzes logs and responds to detected network anomalies, faults (errors), other incidents and user reported outages
- Interfaces directly with the C2BMC Watch Officer (CWO), Network Defender, System Administrators and customers to provide on-going trouble status and/or to accept customer trouble claims
- Perform Level 1 maintenance/upgrades to network components and related infrastructure as required/directed
- Utilizes trouble ticketing and master station logs to document and update problems encountered/resolved and related actions taken on a daily basis
- Coordinates with inter- and intra-organization personnel and customers on related areas of interest related to C2BMC and supporting network operations
- Reviews Authorized Schedule Interruption (ASI) notifications, Situation Reports (SITREPs), Operation Reports (OPREPs), Information Conditions (INFOCONs), Time Compliance Network Orders (TCNOs), and C2BMC Tasking Orders (CTOs) and other related reports to assess/determine their impact on C2BMC operations.
- Responsible for maintaining and executing restoration and recovery plans and procedures (to including isolation procedures) to ensure positive control over network management and defense operations.
- Follow established procedures to respond to events and makes necessary repairs and adjustments/configuration changes
- Escalates as required for assistance in isolating the fault and making repairs as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- AA or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and 6 years related experience or 10 years in lieu of a degree
- Candidate must meet minimum requirements of DOD 8570 IAT II certification (Security CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA - Security).
- Position requires 24x7 shift work.
- Candidate will be assigned to a shift, to be determined by mission requirements.
- Some substitute rotation during off-shifts, including nights and weekends will be required.
- Candidate will be required to support 24x7 operations at CMAFS.
- Sound knowledge of Network concepts: LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, network management and monitoring
- Sound knowledge of management and monitoring tools and techniques for various network infrastructure components and services
- Sound knowledge and practical experience with remote access software such as SSH, RDP, FTP, SCP
- Sound knowledge with OSPF, Cisco IOS and JUNOS commands and troubleshooting
- Experience in Windows Server maintenance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top