Network Monitoring Analyst 3 (17-031)
Northrop Grumman is seeking experienced Network Monitoring Analysts for a program located at Schriever, Air Force Base in Colorado Springs, CO.
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Responsibilities for this Pipeline requisition are:
- Oversees network management and monitoring operations of the C2BMC network communications infrastructure and associated interfaces to the Ballistic Missile Defense Communications Network (BMD COMNET)
- Monitors network management software, generating ad hoc queries for network assistance, and directing courses of action
- Sustains a watch on network performance characteristics and infrastructure
- Centrally monitors and controls network infrastructure, available bandwidth, hardware and server devices, and performs network configuration changes, characterization and optimization
- Analyzes logs and responds to detected network anomalies, faults (errors), other incidents and user reported outages
- Interfaces directly with the C2BMC Watch Officer (CWO), Network Defender, System Administrators and customers to provide on-going trouble status and/or to accept customer trouble claims
- Perform Level 1 maintenance/upgrades to network components and related infrastructure as required/directed
- Utilizes trouble ticketing and master station logs to document and update problems encountered/resolved and related actions taken on a daily basis
- Coordinates with inter- and intra-organization personnel and customers on related areas of interest related to C2BMC and supporting network operations
- Reviews Authorized Schedule Interruption (ASI) notifications, Situation Reports (SITREPs), Operation Reports (OPREPs), Information Conditions (INFOCONs), Time Compliance Network Orders (TCNOs), and C2BMC Tasking Orders (CTOs) and other related reports to assess/determine their impact on C2BMC operations.
- Responsible for maintaining and executing restoration and recovery plans and procedures (to including isolation procedures) to ensure positive control over network management and defense operations.
- Follow established procedures to respond to events and makes necessary repairs and adjustments/configuration changes
- Escalates as required for assistance in isolating the fault and making repairs as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Position requires 24x7 shift work.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience.
- Candidate must meet minimum requirements of DOD 8570 IAT II certification (Security CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA - Security).
- Some substitute rotation during off-shifts, including nights and weekends will be required.
- Sound knowledge of Network concepts: LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, network management and monitoring
- Sound knowledge of management and monitoring tools and techniques for various network infrastructure components and services
- Sound knowledge and practical experience with remote access software such as SSH, RDP, FTP, SCP
- Sound knowledge with OSPF, Cisco IOS and JUNOS commands and troubleshooting
- Experience in Windows Server maintenance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Understanding of fundamentals of analog, digital and RF electronics.
- Familiarity with Digital testing (BERT), Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers, Power Meters, and Oscilloscopes.
- Knowledge of SATCOM Operations and Maintenance
- Knowledge and practical experience in the usage of network management tools
- Familiarity with encryption devices, specifically TACLANEs
- Basic understanding of Linux/Unix Server maintenance.
- Experience in liaising with other DoD Agencies and associated network operations organizations
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top