Network Engineering Manager
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOUkeep reading!
The Autonomous Design Center of Excellence in San Diego, CAhas an opening for aNetwork Engineering Managerto join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. As theNetwork Engineering Manager you will manage a team of engineersthatare working indevelopment, production, and operational support activities across multiple business areas. The Network Engineers you manage will work on High Altitude, Long Endurance Platforms.
- Provide functional management for a team ofnetwork engineers.
- Functional tasks include providing performance feedback, organizing specialty training,career development, mentoring, and providing technical direction.
- Serve as the focal point for allNetwork Engineeringactivity within the Department for both current and new business.
- Developing technical breadth and depth within the Network Engineering specialty.
- Responsible forensuring proper staffing levels are maintained.
- Work with Product Managers to define product roadmaps.
- Reviewingproposals and new business opportunities.
- Participating in Independent Review Teams.
- Collaboratingwith key industry partners
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university.
- Must have 5 years of network engineering experience.
- A current active DoD Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain aDoD Top Secret Clearanceand Special Program Access is required for this position.
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Extensive experience with network systems
- Proven success as a team lead
- Project Management experience such as Earned Value Management (EVM), proposal estimating,and scheduling
- Functional Management Experience
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to include written and verbal communication
- Experience executing the engineering project life cycle, including: requirements analysis, design, development, integration, validation, verification, and sustainment
- Demonstrated success in leading, collaborating, and developing cross functional teams of varying degrees of skill on complex technical projects
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top