Network Engineer Lead
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Network Engineer Lead to support the DSS program Data Center Operations. This position is located in Quantico, VA.
The Network Engineer Lead will support planning, design, configuration, troubleshooting, implementation, security, operations, and management for all DSS network enclaves.
A successful candidate will provide technical leadership on major tasks or technology assignments. Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives. Has domain and expert technical knowledge. Directs and controls activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met. Interactions involve client negotiations and interfacing with senior management. Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation. Will supervise others.
- Perform day-to-day network operations and administration activities across all DSS networks.
- Provide tuning to maintain optimum performance across all DSS networks.
- Perform installation, upgrades, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance, and optimization across all DSS networks.
- Perform testing and integration on all network infrastructure (hardware/software).
- Maintain physical devices, firmware updates, OS changes and security releases.
- Provide load balancing (F5 BIG-IP) and traffic load balancing support for all enclaves.
- Identify and resolve network problems in coordination with the service desk as required.
- Coordinate with third-party carriers, vendors, and technology providers to troubleshoot and perform operations activities.
- Managing router/switch configurations, firewalls, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and related network service.
- Maintain all DSS wireless access points.
- Manage site-to-site Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity and problem/resolution.
- Install and configure all patches and changes required by Vulnerability Management System issuances (IAVAs, IAVBs, IAVMs, STIGs).
- Ensure network infrastructure is secured and operational before deploying.
- Consult with DSS IT groups to develop and implement a standard architecture for access control points (e.g. firewalls and ACLs).
- Support vulnerability assessment audits and develop POA&Ms across all DSS networks.
- Provide IA system validation and assessments.
- Provide logical network data flow diagrams for each application assessed.
- Maintain plans, designs, and architecture documentation for all DSS networks.
- Maintain the network Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Maintain the network Certification and Accreditation (C&A) documentation.
- Maintain Configuration Management (CM) and change control documentation.
- Review and provide recommendations to improve processes and procedures.
- Provide reports on network management trend analysis.
- Provide reports on security vulnerability trends and analysis.
- Monitor bandwidth requirements and conduct capacity planning to ensure appropriate bandwidth management.
- Provide ad-hoc reports as required.
- Provide training and knowledge transfer as required.
- 9 Years of experience with Bachelors in an engineering field; 7 Years of experience with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
- Experience in networking, including data center support for the following:
- Cisco Routers
- Cisco Switches (layer 2 and layer 3)
- Cisco Firewalls
- Cisco Access Points
- Cisco Network Control System (NCS)
- Cisco Mobility Services Engine (MSE)
- Cisco Access Control System (ACS)
- Juniper Firewalls
- Juniper SSL-VPN
- Forcepoint Sidewinder Firewalls
- F5 BIG-IP Local traffic Manager (LTM)
- F5 BIG-IP Global Traffic Manager (GTM)
- Previous experience in leading or managing a network team in an enterprise IT environment.
- Skills in networking protocols including, but not limited to, BGP, OSPF, HSRP, IPSec, DHCP and DNS.
- The ability to debug and analyze network data to determine issues with the network utilizing network tools such as: Wireshark, SolarWinds, etc.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team and/or work independently on complex tasks with little supervision and management oversight.
- Must have CompTIA Security or equivalent certification.
- CCNA certification equivalent or higher.
- Must possess active/current TS clearance (SCI eligible).
- Additional certifications with F5, Juniper and/or Cisco.
- Experience with Cryptographic devices.
- Experience with DSS or the DoD Security Community.
- Experience in supporting remote data center networks.
- Strong oral presentation and written communication skills for providing documentation to customers.
- Proven experience managing highly technical team supporting a major DoD program consisting of multiple Data Centers housing a multi-zone multi-network environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top