- Colorado Springs, CO
Northrop Grumman is a pioneering company. We design, develop, build and support some of the world's most advanced products, from cutting-edge aircraft and next-generation spacecraft to unrivaled cyber security systems and all-seeing radars.
Whether it's making a 200 ton airplane invisible, predicting cyber-attacks before they happen or solving the mysteries of the universe, wherever the boundaries of possible are being pushed, Northrop Grumman is there.
For 60 years, Northrop Grumman has anticipated the future of military space. From the launch pad to orbit, we deliver everything from missile systems to spacecraft to launch and command and control systems. We are dedicated to providing strategic defense, secure and reliable communications, robust missile warning and advanced space situational awareness to support our customers.
Northrop Grumman's Space Systems Sector organization is seeking applicants to provide network engineering support for a program as a Network Engineer. This position will be located in Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
- The Network Engineer will be responsible for performing multiple network engineering activities.
- These efforts include designing and network planning as well as the implementation and validation of network communication systems.
- Identify, document, and communicate requirements for integrating new and legacy systems into existing architectures.
- Develop and conduct testing of network designs including the identification of risks and potential mitigations.
- Support the investigation, documentation, and communication of hardware/software selections as well as identifying implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Evaluate and report on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Maintain solid technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches and firewalls.
- Responsible for the technical leadership of communication infrastructure projects and risks within a dynamic environment to that must proactively work with the Project Engineers to ensure adherence to budget and integrated schedules.
- Evaluate current and future system architectures and defining the evolution of the future enterprise architecture.
This position is contingent upon program award
- Education/Experience: 2 Years with Bachelors; 0 Years with Masters; 4 years with an Associates; or 6 years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Clearance
- Able and willing to obtain and maintain an TS/SCI clearance/access
- Hands-on experience with network evaluation and troubleshooting tools
- Experience writing test plans, test procedures, test reports, and trade studies
- Current Network + Industry Certification
- Ability and willingness to travel in support of test events and demonstrations (10% required)
- STEM Degree
- Active Department of Defense (DoD) TS/SCI
- Active CCNP or equivalent certification
- Familiarity with OSPF and L2TP protocols
- Familiarity with DOD network STIGs related to switches and routers
- Familiarity with DOD communications platforms
- Thorough understanding of all phases of the Systems Engineering life cycle
- Experience testing and integrating in a System of System (SoS) environment to meet evolving requirements
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top