Network Engineer- All Levels
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Responsibilities for this Pipeline requisition are:
- Northrop Grumman is looking for an experienced Network Engineers to support various projects and programs.
- The candidate should have the ability to install, configure, monitor and manage local and wide area networks and document them.
- The candidate works with all levels of managers and programs for network based solutions and projects.
- The candidate supports daily operations as well as larger Network projects.
- The candidate also has ability to do short and long range planning for capacity and have the ability to work with other programs and organizations for problem and project solutions.
- Requires a BS within a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited college with 2 years relevant experience.
- Current active Top Secret security clearance
- Applicant must meet DOD 8570-1M requirements for commercial certification (e.g., A , Network and/or Security ) as an Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 1 or higher before starting employment. Applicants without an IAT Level 1 or 2 certification may still be eligible for a contingency offer.
- Experience with WAN/LAN Monitoring and Configuration
- Understands TCP/IP and networking protocols
- Troubleshooting Network issues
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Advanced Degree MS or PhD Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited college .
- Adaptable to quickly changing environment
- Current active TS/SCI security clearance
- Current industry recognized certifications
- Experience with large Network Projects
- Familiarity with Microsoft Networking and Active Directory
- Familiarity with Microsoft Exchange Server and Software
- UNIX/Linux Experience
- Experience with Cisco and other networking equipment a plus
- Ability to Manage and Document large network projects
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top