- Melbourne, FL
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Network Communication Engineer to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Melbourne, FL area.
Roles and responsibilities include:
• Maintains smooth operation of LAN/WAN/VPNs
• Plans, designs, configures, and installs network hardware in
support of customer requirements
• Maintains network device compliance to include patching, STIG levels and
additional DoD & JSIG requirements
• Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer
hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers,
multiplexers, firewalls, switches, gateways, etc.
• Proposes solutions to management to ensure all communications
requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such
solutions to optimize cost savings
• Creates and ensures that appropriate network documentation exists,
including operational instructions
• Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and
long-range planning for in-house systems
• Perform troubleshooting analysis of network infrastructure and associated
• Install and configure Cisco routers, switches and firewalls
• Implet and troubleshoot LAN technologies such as VLANs, Trunking
(port tagging), Spanning -Tree, and Port Security
• Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems.
Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support
• Interface regularly with customers and manage customer installation
timelines a nd deliverables to help facilitate successful deployments
• Recommends data, voice or video network investment decisions to
management and customers based on results of independent assessment
of current and future network performance, stability, and network
• Experience with Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, PowerPoint and Excel
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor's degree and 2 years of related experience or 6 years of related
experience in lieu of degree.
• Current Security + CE or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
• Active Top Secret Clearance with ability to maintain
• Ability to be cleared to special access/restricted programs
• Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
• Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed
• US citizenship is required
• Experience with Cisco hardware and setting up switched networks
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Bachelors or Masters degree in IS related field
• Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE
• Previous experience troubleshooting network procedures and best
practices; experience with network challenges associated with systems
integration, including COTS integration, capacity analysis and system
• Demonstrated strong leadership skills and has effectively managed small
• Demonstrated experience in the use of network analysis tools (i.e.
WireShark, Opnet, etc.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top