Network Engineer 4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Network Engineer 4 in the Engineering, Manufacturing & Sciences (EM&S) Central Region Engineering, Huntsville Site. In the Mission Systems sector, you'll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. The qualified applicant will work in our Huntsville, Alabama office, headquarters for the Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) division.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Designs and develops system architectures, and defines key capabilities and performance requirements.
- Defines design and technology maturity constraints of the system in accordance with customer specifications.
- Develops thorough definition of system external interfaces.
- Defines system implementation approach and operational concept.
- Ensures requirements are met and evaluates performance with customer.
- Apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts.
- Work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives.
- Determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs.
- Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- Requires 9 years with Bachelor of Science in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
- Active Secret Security Clearance.
- Hold a current industry recognized certification such as CCNP.
- Successful experience developing detailed designs with supporting implementation, testing and transition plans.
- Comply with DoD 8570, Information Assurance Workforce requirements by possessing, at a minimum, Security w/CE hours certification or the ability to obtain certification within 60 days of hire.
- Experience working with DISA, local and long-haul circuit vendors.
- Experience working with MILSAT/COMSAT systems.
- MDA experience.
- GMD experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top