Network Engineer 4 (17-017)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Sector organization is seeking a Network Engineer to be a member of the Colorado Springs Software organization. As an Network Engineer, candidate must be an excellent troubleshooter and problem solver with strong analytical skills. Must also be an effective communicator with excellent writing and presentation skills using Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio drawing tools. Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment with other highly motivated network engineers as well as independently at times on large field projects.
Tasks the candidate can be expected to perform include:
Conduct analysis and troubleshooting of network issues to include development and maintenance of fault diagnosis procedures to support effective fault resolution
Perform design and implementation of network configurations, and validation of configurations for new installations and system updates IAW the C2BMC change management process.
Support or conducting network development integration testing in the Network Development lab Support Integration and Test (I&T) test activities at the MDIOC as requested.
Support the deployment of the C2BMC Network to the field to include:
Development and maintenance of network operational support procedures related to the external vendor products
Assessing the health of the Network implementation Above all, collaborate with the C2BMC Network team to understand current and future requirements, and propose improvements to increase customer and end-use satisfaction
Acting as a technical liaison with C2BMC external vendors, help desks, and service and engineering groups. Helping the team keep up with the changing trends of the industry to develop competencies in new products or solutions
Sharing your knowledge by writing technical documents and contributing to the knowledge database.
Candidate may support S8.2-1 (TO1), S8.2-3 (TO14), or S8.2-5 (future) Network development tasks. Some travel may be required to support C2BMC testing, deployment, and customer reviews.
The Network Engineer position will be located at the Lockheed Martin facility in Colorado Springs, CO off of HWY 83.
- Bachelor Degree in an Science, Technical, Electrical or Math discipline with a least 9 years of experience or 7 years with a Masters degree
- Must possess a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security , GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA).
- The candidate must be an established expert in the design and implementation of network solutions using the Juniper product line.
- Active Secret clearance
In addition the candidate should have expertise in one or more of C2BMC's core network technologies:
- NAT Firewall Policy, Class-of-service, Multicast, SRX Firewall Policies and Address Books - Authentication & encryption methods/capabilities (TACACS , Active Directory, GEM-X).
- Network Management Systems (HP NMMI, HP Network Automation, CA
- Performance Center, CA Data Aggregator, CA Data Repository, CA NetFlow Analyzer, JUNOS Space)
- NAS/SAN technologies (NetApp, or Gigastore).
- Virtualization technologies such a VMWare vCenter and vSphere.
- Authentication & encryption methods/capabilities ( TACACS , Active Directory, GEM-X).
- WAN optimizers
- Network monitoring, diagnostic, and analytic tools.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top