Network Engineer 3/4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill the position of a Network Engineer 3 or 4 in the Engineering, Sciences & Technology (ES&T) Central Region Engineering, Huntsville Site. In the Mission Systems sector, you'll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. The qualified applicant will work in our Huntsville, Alabama office, headquarters for the Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) division.
Responsibilities include all aspects of the product design, development, integration, test and implementation through the Product life cycle for incorporating changes identified by Program personnel. This includes analysis of change requests and requirements for new or upgraded Product capabilities, systems design, COTS/GOTS integration, and procedures needed to meet and mitigate requirements changes. Additionally, the candidate is expected to be able to resolve technically challenging issues and proactively contribute to the evolution of the Product.
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, configure, integrate, install and test network systems primarily consisting of Cisco, UNIX, Linux and Windows based LAN/WANs
- Derive system-level requirements from architectural guidelines and project objectives
- Develop detailed designs with supporting implementation, test and transition plans
- Usher proposed system changes through the Configuration Management process to successful implementation and delivery to the Customer/Operator
- Develop and maintain documentation supporting the Product through development, integration, deployment and delivery to the customer/operator
- Work within and across teams to support and coordinate daily integration activities
- Create and update Visio drawings of network and rack elevation diagrams
- Execute root cause analysis to troubleshoot and resolve complex network system issues
- Work with vendor support for hardware issues
- Travel expectation at its peak will be 25%, but that will not be a consistent amount. Travel required for supporting Product installation and checkout at operational and test locations.
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
HUNTSALMSTR Basic Qualifications:
This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4.
- BQs for a Network Engineer 3 are Bachelors of Science in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline with 5 years experience; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD
- BQs for a Network Engineer 4 are Bachelors of Science in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline with 9 years of Network Engineering experience; 7 years with MS; 4 years with PhD.
- US Citizenship required and must be able to obtain and maintain Department of Defense Active Secret Security Clearance.
- Hold a current industry recognized certification such as CCNA.
- Successful experience developing detailed designs with supporting implementation, testing and transition plans.
- Comply with DoD 8570, Information Assurance Workforce requirements by possessing, at a minimum, Security+ w/CE hours certification or the ability to obtain certification within 60 days of hire.
- Active Secret clearance
- Experience developing and implementing OSPF Architectures
- Experience Implementing Mutlicast over routed networks
- Experience with Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)
Back to top