Network Engineer 3
The UAS Network Engineer will be responsible for the integration, testing, implementation, troubleshooting, configuration management, and sustainment of Internet Protocol network configurations throughout the program’s lifecycle. Coordinate with other network engineers on the team, customer network engineers, and multi-disciplinary engineers across the UAS programs. Advocate network team initiatives and issues to leadership at boards and technical meetings. Provide status and reports to the UAS Senior Network Engineers. Support the UAS Senior Network Engineers with evaluating and reporting on new network and communications technologies to improve network capabilities.
- 5 years with Bachelors in Science; 3 years with Masters
- Experience with network technology; examples include:
- Complex network infrastructures, including routers, switches, firewall systems, multi-function switches, hubs, WAN accelerators, and HAIPEs
- Quality of Service, multicast (PIM-SM/DM), OSPF, VOIP, and IPSec tunneling, GRE tunneling
- UDP/TCP and network technologies such as DNS, DHCP, TFTP, NAT
- Network security practices, including IDS/IPS and ACLs
- Experience with MS Office
- Must be self-starter/self-motivated and able to effectively communicate with non-network engineers regarding issues and status
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification
- Experience with integrating networks in an unmanned aircraft system environment IP networking with Line of Sight (LOS) and Beyond LOS communications
- Integration and testing of user applications using the network from aircraft to ground networks
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top