Network Engineer 3
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a high energy Network Engineer to join our unmanned systems team.
This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for the requirements, design (including drawings), integration, testing, implementation, troubleshooting, configuration management, and sustainment of the UAS internet protocol network configurations throughout the program's lifecycle.
In support of these responsibilities, the candidate will:
- coordinate regularly with Government network engineers
- coordinate network team initiatives and issues to program leadership at boards and technical meetings
- provide status and reports to the program Senior Network Engineers.
- support Senior Network Engineers with evaluating and reporting on new network and communications technologies to improve system network capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or science
- 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD- Experience with network technology; examples include: complex network infrastructures, including routers, switches, gateways, firewall systems, multi-function switches, multiplexers, hubs, load balancers,security devices, and WAN accelerators
- Quality of Service, multicast (PIM-SM/DM), OSPF, BGP, HSRP, NSA Type I encryption, VOIP, and IPSec tunneling, GRE tunneling
- UDP/TCP and network technologies such as DNS, DHCP, TFTP, NAT
- Network security practices, including IDS/IPS and ACLs
- Experience with MS Office
- Active DoD SECRET clearance
- Masters degree in engineering or science
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification
- proficiency with Cisco routers and switches, WAN accelerators, and HAIPE encryptors
- Experience with integrating networks in an unmanned aircraft system (UAS) environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and
solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top