Network Engineer 3
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Network Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Chester, Virginia.
Where Technology and Teamwork come together... The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Platform Engineering Enterprise Directory Services team on the Virginia Information Technology Agency (VITA) Program, responsible for providing end-to-end IT Infrastructure to the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Designs and plans network communications systems. Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network design. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, load balancer, wireless controllers, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or Business) and 5 years related experience OR Master's Degree and 3 years related experience
- 4 years of LAN/WAN Network Engineering experience installing, maintaining, configuring, and troubleshooting
network equipment including Cisco routers and switches (Catalyst and Nexus)
- 4 years of Network Engineering experience with network routing protocols (EIGRP, BGP, OSPF), application layer
(DHCP, · DNS, · HTTP, · NTP ,RIP, · SIP, · SMTP, · SNMP, · SSH, ·TLS/SSL), Transport Layer protocols (TCP, UDP),
internet layer protocols ( IP, ICMP, IPsec) and Link Layer (ARP, L2TP, PPP)
- 3 years experience in operational support and troubleshooting in a large scale corporate network, Telecom
provider or ISP environment.
- Hands-on experience desired in the design and implementation of an enterprise Wireless infrastructure including
configurations, installations and controller experience
- 5 years of experience troubleshooting and resolving network anomalies on a 24x7, mission critical operational network.
- Experience with Cisco and/or Aruba Wireless networking controllers
- Experience with certificate management
- Experience in configuration, test, and turn up of new routers and switches
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Industry recognized certifications, especially CCNA, CCNP, CCIE
- Hands-on experience in the design, build, deploy of an enterprise network load balancing technologies is preferred.
- Functional knowledge of Windows, Linux, AIX operating systems, Oracle and SQL databases, EMC storage arrays and
- Basic working knowledge of Nexus NX-OS
- Previous experience working in a commercial outsourcing business or managing an outsourced data center operation
with multiple customers.
- Experience or certification in ITIL.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top