Network Engineer 3
This is a full time EDC Network Engineer position reporting to the Manager, EDC Operations, within the ECSN Tower (Enterprise Compute, Storage, and Network) of ESS - IT Solutions. The successful candidate will provide network engineering and design duties to the Enterprise Data Center. Flexible hours are required, with a willingness to work weekends/off hours as needed for planned work or unplanned break/fix support.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Design, plan, test, and deploy network communications systems.
- Provides specifications and detailed schematics for EDC and/or E-POP network architectures.
- Provide specific detailed information for network hardware and software selection, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Provide documentation as required to ensure accurate and current information is available for Enterprise Data Centers and E-POPs.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, firewalls, hubs, deep packet inspection analysis, application packet analysis, switches (Nexus and Catalyst), and proxies (Reverse and Forward),etc.
- Provide guidance to junior engineers and other personnel to maintain and ensure domestic data centers are compliant with published directives and procedures.
- Evaluate and report on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Design, install and configure network solutions utilizing Cisco/Nexus routers and switches, F5 load balancers, and ASA/Palo-Alto firewalls.
- Bachelor's degree in science with 5 years of relevant IT professional experience or 9 years of relevant IT professional experience.
- CCNA Certification
- Strong Knowledge of LAN network architecture, routing and protocols.
- Strong knowledge of WAN technologies such as EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, DNS, and Telco circuits (T1, T3, OC3, and OC12).
- Hands on experience with Cisco routers, switches, load-balancers, and firewalls.
- Familiarity with F-5, Palo Alto Networks, VMware is a plus.
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint and Visio to transform complex technical information into high-level, concise and clear presentations.
- Experience in project management.
- Ability to perform network forensics.
- Position requires a current or ability to obtain a DOD secret clearance.
- Some travel will be required.
- Able to lift 40 lbs.
- Additional certifications a plus, i.e., CCNP, CompTIA Network , etc.
- Experience using test equipment and the Application Protocol Analyzer (OpNet and Wireshark) to manage and trouble-shoot environment as needed.
- Experience in the application of network monitoring and maintenance equipment (use of network sniffers and protocol analyzers).
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated performance in working in a fast paced environment while delivering a quality work product and having positive customer satisfaction.
- Strong written/verbal communication and attention to details.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top