Network Engineer 2
The Resilient Network Solutions (RNS) team is searching for a Network Engineer level 2 to join our team in San Diego, CA.
Realize the rewards of conquering a new challenge in a dynamic and highly-technical working environment. At Northrop Grumman's RNS Operating Unit, our team of communication systems experts is developing next-generation communication systems for our armed forces. RNS is seeking a highly-motivated Network Communications Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
The selected candidate will join a team responsible for providing communications functions on multiple, simultaneous RF channels to the world's most sophisticated platforms. Network engineers perform end-to-end networking system integration, and operations, in wide-area heterogeneous networks that include multiple levels of classification. Understanding of TCP/IP, IP sub-netting, ACLs, advanced routing protocols to include EIGRP and BGP, GRE tunnels, VLANs, trunking, QoS, DHCP, DNS, and VPNs are required.
Experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager and implementation of DoD Cybersecurity requirements are desirable.
The Networking Group within RNS is an Integrated Product Team, so familiarity and experience with Linux, VMware ESXi, and Windows operating systems are a plus. Cisco certification is a plus. Experience with military COMSEC such as High Assurance IP Encryptors (HAIPEs) is also a plus.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop network documentation, specifications, and schematics for terrestrial and wireless tactical network architectures
- Perform analysis of hardware and software solutions including tools and techniques to meet specification and design
- Assemble, integrate and configure network equipment
- Conduct testing of network design
- Manage and maintain a smooth operation of network environments while working with an interdisciplinary team of systems, network, software, and hardware engineers
- Work under the direction of senior network communications engineers
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university.
- 2 years of experience with a Bachelor's degree
- Experience with IT Infrastructure Management/Monitoring Tools (e.g.,WhatsUpGold, Splunk, SolarWinds, Cisco Secure Servers - ISE) and Techniques.
- Experience with network configuration and troubleshooting, to include routing, switching, access lists, and firewalls.
- Experience with terrestrial network architectures, designs and implementations as well as network security architectures
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and be able to adapt quickly to change
- Proficiency in MS Office including PowerPoint and Visio
- Ability to obtain/maintain DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience with NISPOM (Chapter 8) and/or DCID 6/ICD 503 requirements and classified processing environments and procedures
- Experience with 8510.01 Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Experience configuring and maintaining Cisco routers, managed switches, and firewalls.
- Experience configuring and maintaining Tactical Radio networks including ANW2, SRW, TTNT, MUOS, and WNW.
- Experience with multiple networking protocols across client-server platforms as well as an understanding of large-scale processor applications (Ethernet, HDLC, TCP/IP, VRF, OSPF, UDP, DHCP, SMTP, and FTP).
- Experience with network subnetting and CIDR.
- Experience administering Linux and Windows.
- VMWare or other virtualization experience.
- Experience working with suppliers
- Experience with aerospace development, production and fielding
- Possess one or more of the following certifications: Security , CCNA, CCNP, CASP or CISSP
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top