Network Design Engineer 4 (17-097)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
The candidate shall develop technical documents and assist in the preparation of risk analysis and provide programmatic and technical insight for the development of BCN Teleport Gateway (BTG) solutions for JREAP Appendix C data link connectivity requirements. The candidate shall provide development/ integration engineering support to users in the Army and Air Force communities for BCN Theater Interface Nodes (BTINs) and BCN Monitoring Interface Nodes (BMINs) which MDA has provided to THAAD and Patriot missile batteries and AOCs. The candidate will be responsible for integrating, sustaining, and operating the C2BMC networks (Spiral 6.4 operational network, Spiral 8.2 development network, C2BMC Distributed Training Network (CDTN), Distributed Training Suite (DTS), and Distributed Multi-Echelon Training System (DMeTS) with a focus on the C2BMC Ballistic Missile Defense System Communications Network (BCN) Teleport Gateway (BTG). Individual must be able to clearly articulate network interface issues with various government and contractor external agencies. These agencies include DISA, MDA/BC, and host-tenant support units. Candidate will be required to travel to remote locations to perform network installations and Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) in accordance with Program configuration management processes, independently perform troubleshooting and provide status updates to Program personnel. Candidate will be embedded with the Sustainment team located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining DoD 8570 certification for the full contract period.
The Network Design Engineer position will be located at the Lockheed Martin Facility on HWY 83 Colorado Springs.
- Active Secret clearance required
- 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with Ph.D.
- Must possess a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security , GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
- Must have previous design experience with BTG networks.
- Must have experience firewall design
- Understanding of network communication protocols and network routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP) and IP network troubleshooting
- Experience in UDP multicast, SONET, MSPP, ATM, VLANs, GRE Tunnels, and TCP/IP network designs
- Must be an effective communicator with excellent writing and presentation skills using Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio drawing tools
- Must be able to work independently / solo at times on large in the field projects, at other times will be in a collaborative team environment with other network engineers
- McAfee Sidewinder or Juniper firewalls highly desired
- Experience with network security capabilities such as SYSLOG-NG, IBM Proventia Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), web proxy and ArcSight. Certifications in the industry vendors Cisco (CCNA, CCNP) and/or Juniper (JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP) components
- Individual has any prior knowledge of the C2BMC networks or organization
- Knowledge, skill sets or experience using protocol analyzers/sniffers (such as Wireshark, OPNET ACElive & ITGuru)
- Experience in DoD authentication & encryption methods/capabilities (Taclanes, TACACS , RADIUS, Active Directory, GEM-X)
- Experience in Network Management Systems (HP, NeuralStar or Solarwinds NPM/NCM) or NAS/SAN technologies (NetApp, Sun, or Gigastore)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top