Network Design Engineer 4 (17-083)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
The successful candidate will be a member of the Network Development team. As a Network Design Engineer then the successful candidate will develop deliverable network diagrams and manage the review, approval, and configuration management processes for the entire Network Development team.
The Site Engineering position will be located at the Lockheed Martin Facility on HWY 83 Colorado Springs.
- Active Secret clearance required
- 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with Ph.D. in Science, Technical, Electrical or Math discipline
- Must possess a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security , GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
- Experience in Communication System Engineering Designer with Communications and/or Network system design
- Experience in creating and modifying Visio drawings in support of approved program architecture.
- From a high level down, the individual needs total architecture network design experience
- Background working on designs to gain efficiencies for the entire system and improve the entire life cycle
- Hands-on experience and familiarity with COTs communication and IA-related products including Cisco and Juniper routers, switches, Cisco IOS, Juniper JUNOS, Domain Name Servers (DNS), Sidewinder firewalls, and data encryption products including the KG-175 TACLANE
- Proven Communication Network Engineering in the DoD environment
- Familiarity with BMDS IA Architecture Design
- Able to translate approved customer requirements into clear network design drawings
- Strong teamwork, collaboration, verbal and written presentation skills are required
- Knowledge of MDA and the BMDS
- Experience in dealing with complex team structures and vendors in a DoD environment
- Skills working with project management tools and flexibility in adjusting to many different roles
- Background working in a complex political environment, interfacing with and conducting presentations and demonstrations for many different customers in a professional manner
- Experience Large DoD communication system Design
- Experience in Large carrier (knowledge of core networks and how they work)
- Familiarity with implementing, configuring, and using network management tools
- Familiarity with DoD message standards (MIL-STD-3011 App C), Link 16 or Mil StD 6016 B or C. Experience with network management systems, including - Network Management Systems (HP NMMI, HP Network Automation, CA Performance Center, CA Data Aggregator, CA Data Repository, CA NetFlow Analyzer, JUNOS Space) or NAS/SAN technologies (NetApp, or Gigastore) and experience with network drawing tools such as Visio or NetViz
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top