Network Communications Engineer w/ Active Clearance
- Van Nuys, CA
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is currently seeking a well-qualified Network Communication engineer with an active Secret clearance to join our dynamic team of technical professionals in Northridge, CA.
Roles and responsibilities include:
• Maintains smooth operation of LAN/WAN/VPNs.
• Plans, designs, configures, and installs network hardware in support of customer requirements.
• Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, switches, gateways, etc.
• Proposes solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
• Creates and ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
• Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems.
• Perform troubleshooting analysis of network infrastructure and associated systems.
• Install and configure Cisco routers, switches and firewalls.
• Implement and troubleshoot LAN technologies such as VLANs, Trunking (port tagging), Spanning-Tree, and Port Security.
• Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems. Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
• Implement and troubleshoot WAN technologies such as EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, and telco circuits (T1, T3, OC3)
• Interface regularly with customers and manage customer installation timelines and deliverables to help facilitate successful deployments.
• Able to design and implement an enterprise network. Recommends data, voice or video network investment decisions to management and customers based on results of independent assessment of current and future network performance, stability, and network management issues.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, PowerPoint and Excel
Back to top