Network Communications Analyst (Principal)
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Expand your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies.
Join us on the edge.... the Cutting Edge!
Northrop Grumman's Enterprise Services organization is seeking a Network Communications Analyst at its San Diego, CA location.
The selected candidate will maintain smooth operation of LAN/WAN/VPNs. The incumbent will plan, design, configure, and install network hardware in support of customer requirements. He/she will also maintain technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, switches, gateways, etc.
The Network Communications Analyst will propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings. Creates and ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions. Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems. May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment. Designs network or portion of network that includes selection of hardware and software packages.
Additional Responsibilities include:
• Plan, manage and implement complex network designs in support of customer requirements.
• Provide technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
• Support network teams in project designs to clarify project requirements, provide design solutions, in accordance with standards.
• Perform troubleshooting analysis of network infrastructure and associated systems.
• Document network hardware and software technology components.
• Install and configure Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, VPN Concentrators, and Checkpoint firewalls
• Perform systems administration for NGIN Domains, Microsoft Certificate Authority server, and Websense
• Implement and troubleshoot LAN technologies such as VLANs, trunking (port tagging), spanning-tree and protocols.
• Implement and troubleshoot WAN technologies such as EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, and telco circuits (T1, T3, OC3)
• Interface regularly with customers and manage customer installation timelines and deliverables to help facilitate successful deployments.
• Able to design and implement an enterprise network. Recommends data, voice or video network investment decisions to management and customers based on results of independent assessment of current and future network performance, stability, and network management issues.
• Provide guidance to team members and provide status metrics to customer and Northrop Grumman management.
• Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
• Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network/windows infrastructure problems. Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
• Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
• Contributes to the successful completion of major programs and projects. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
• Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
• Applies extensive technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
• Manage timely resolution of all critical and/or complex problems meeting SLA requirements
• Properly escalate and communicate tickets to management within SLA parameters.
• Oversee equipment installation in cabinets and bays; equipment wiring within the respective cabinets and bays; equipment provisioning, configuration and adjustments, and adherence to industry standards of workmanship.
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or related discipline with 5+ years of hands-on experience with network connectivity for physical and virtualized servers; 3+ years with a Master's degree. (The appropriate combination of education and experience can be considered in lieu of the degree requirement; 7 years of relevant experience with an Associate's degree and 9 years of relevant experience with a HS diploma)
• At least 5 years of experience designing, installing and configuring Cisco network equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls, etc. using the TCP/IP protocol in a LAN/WAN environment.
• At least 5 years of experience troubleshooting and resolving data and voice network anomalies on an operational network.
• In-depth knowledge of a number of protocols within all layers of the OSI model including STP, BGP, OSPF, IP, DHCP, DNS, and SNMP
• Demonstrated experience with communicating technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
• DoD Secret Clearance
• Cisco CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE Certification
• Skilled at network trouble shooting procedures and best practices; experience with network challenges associated with systems integration, including COTS integration, capacity analysis, and system architecture design
• Demonstrated experience with Ethernet using various media including fiber optic and twisted pair copper.
• Strong organizational abilities and a highly motivated, flexible, team player.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top