Network Communications 4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Network Communications to join the Network Engineering Team for the Ground Systems (GS) IPT in the Ground Based Mid-Course Defense (GMD) Program. This position will be located in Huntsville, AL. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's EM&S Network Engineering team, engaged in systems and network engineering for our cutting edge programs.
Works under general supervision to complete technical objectives of assignment while supporting ad hoc teams in the development of designs and network planning as well as the implementation and validation of network communication systems. Maintains smooth operation of local area, worldwide and virtual private networks (VPN). Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings. Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions. Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems. May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment. May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- Bachelor's degree and 9 years experience or 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree. Network Design, Administration and Installation experience
- Active Secret clearance (or higher)
- Hands-on experience with TCP/IP networks, fiber and multi-cast protocols.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls
- Experience writing test plans, test procedures, test reports, and trade studies
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and accurately in active voice
- Ability and willingness to travel in support of test events (25% required)
- Candidate must be willing to work extended hours occasionally to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project and Outlook.
- Active CCNA or equivalent certification
- Familiarity with OSPF other wide area network protocols.
- Familiarity with DOD network STIGs related to switches and routers
- Familiarity with DOD communications platforms
- Thorough understanding of all phases of the Systems Engineering life cycle
- Experience testing and integrating in a System of System (SoS) environment to meet evolving requirements
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top