Network Communications 4
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence… Northrop Grumman is seeking a Network Administrator to join our team in defining the future. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information Technology support team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Maintains smooth operation of local area, world wide and virtual private networks (VPN). Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings. Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions. Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems. May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment. May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
- Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role. Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Available for 24/7 support when needed.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment with engineering users, other network administrators, system administrators and computer/facility organizations. Multi-tasking with good communication skills; both verbal and written are a must.
Basic Qualifications: Typical Minimum Education / Experience: 9 Years experience with a Bachelors in Science; 7 Years experience with a Masters; 4 Years experience with a PhD. 13 years or more of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelors degree.
- Active Top Secret Clearance (investigation within the last 5 years)
- 10 years experience in Network Administration
- Strong Knowledge of TCP/IP
- Strong knowledge of LAN concepts such as VLANs, trunking (port tagging) and spanning-tree
- Strong knowledge of WAN technologies such as EIGRP, BGP, and telco circuits (T1, T3, OC3)
- IP addressing design and subnets
- Experience using test equipment such as protocol analyzers and cable test sets
- Knowledge of government grade encryption gear such as (TACLANES)
- Knowledge of Cisco hardware
- Knowledge of classified network design is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good project management skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Willingness to work after hours and weekends as required
- Occasional travel may be required
DoD 8570 training and certifications Cisco and Security certification
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top