Network Communications 3
Northrop Grumman is seeking to hire a Network Communications Level 3 to join our team in defining the future. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA . The qualified applicant will become part of the Northrop Grumman's Information Technology Team
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains smooth operation of local area, world wide and virtual private networks (VPN).
- Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings. Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
- Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems.
- May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment.
- May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or related discipline and 5 years of hands-on experience with network connectivity for physical and virtualized servers or 9 years years of hands-on experience with network connectivity for physical and virtualized servers.
- At least 5 years of experience designing, installing and configuring network equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls, etc. and TCP/IP protocol.
- At least 5 years of experience troubleshooting and resolving data and voice network anomalies on an operational network.
- Knowledge of networking protocols such Domain Name Server (DNS), Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP).
- Experience communicating technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis.
- Experience working with network systems and networking principles, data, voice or video.
- Experience working with network software and hardware, data, voice or video.
- Experience with OSPF, static routes, Port-channels, VLANs, GRE tunnels, VPN tunnels, and ACLs s.
- Experience with network risk analysis, modeling, and back-up administration functions.
- Experience creating test plans, procedures and reports for testing of network equipment for both field acceptance testing and acceptance testing at the Integrator's facility/ assembly plant.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Active Top Secret Clearance is required.
- DoD 8570 Security certification.
- Able to work after hours and weekends as required.
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE Certification.
- Previous experience troubleshooting network procedures and best practices; experience with network challenges associated with systems integration, including COTS integration, capacity analysis, and system architecture design.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of network analysis tools (e.g., WireShark, OpNet, etc.).
- Strong Knowledge of TCP/IP.
- Strong knowledge of LAN concepts such as VLANs, trunking (port tagging) and spanning-tree.
- Strong knowledge of WAN technologies such as EIGRP, BGP, and telco circuits (T1, T3, OC3).
- IP addressing design and subnets.
- Experience using test equipment such as protocol analyzers and cable test sets.
- Knowledge of government grade encryption gear such as (TACLANES)
- Knowledge of Cisco hardware.
- Knowledge of classified network design is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top