Network Communications 3
Secure Compartmentalized Infrastructure Services
"SCIS - is responsible for supporting classified computer infrastructure across the enterprise. Areas of support include infrastructure operations and security protocols managements for networks, servers, desktop computers and endpoint devices. The SCIS team is focused on tactical service delivery and strategic operational planning for sensitive projects with emphasis on leveraging technology to improve efficiency, increase affordability, and mitigate risk".
- Manages and maintains a smooth operation of network environments while working with systems, network, software, and hardware engineers that are remote and on site.
- Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Analyzes internal or external customer needs, and determines equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
- Conducts network design tests.
- Ensures data integrity by evaluating, proposing, implementing and managing hardware solutions.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, firewalls, hubs, IDS/IPS, deep packet inspection analysis, application packet analysis, switches, and proxies.
- Recommends and implements network enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Documents technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Works under only general direction.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years of IT professional experience; Master's degree with 3 years of experience. Four years of additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Hands on experience with routers, switches, load-balancers, or firewalls.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex network issues in a logical fashion for root cause analysis.
- Ability to perform network forensics.
- Strong written/verbal communication and attention to details.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment where multiple projects are being developed and deployed simultaneously.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change.
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint to transform complex technical information into high-level, concise and clear presentations.
- Active DoD TS/SCI Clearance is required.
- US Citizenship is required in order to obtain and maintain required security clearance.
- Experience writing test plans, test procedures, and test reports.
- Experience with installation and managing specialized network management applications (e.g., HP OpenView, CA Spectrum, SolarWinds, Cisco Secure Servers-ACS-SE).
- Cisco CCNP/CISSP certified
- GIAC Certified: GSNA/GCIH/GCIA
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top