Network Communications 3
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Network Communication 3 to maintain and supervise the smooth operation of local area, world wide. Is responsible for smooth planning, optimization, configuration and integration of multiple, Information Technology (IT) disciplines. Is an active part of Enterprise operations, including, planning, set up, operations, post operations after action reporting and subsequent troubleshooting and maintenance of the systems. Makes independent decisions crucial to enterprise operations success, through subsequent system analysis, interpretation of error codes and other visual indicators and develops detailed plans and procedures to provide support for, network operations, network administration, LAN/WAN management, firewalls, multi-user computer systems, multiplexers, routers switches, multi-discipline servers and operating system. Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions. May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment. May influence and recommend design of the network that includes a selection of hardware and iOS packages.
Realize the rewards of conquering a new challenge in a dynamic and highly-technical working environment. The Northrop Grumman’s Enterprise Operations team is a group of communication experts that is responsible for maintaining next-generation communication systems for the Commonwealth of Virginia. NG-TS is seeking a highly-motivated Network Communications Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
The selected candidate will supervise a team responsible for providing communications functions on multiple levels. Network engineers perform end-to-end networking system integration, and operations, in wide-area heterogeneous networks that include multiple levels of classification. Understanding of TCP/IP, IP sub-netting, ACLs, advanced routing protocols to include EIGRP and BGP, GRE tunnels, VLANs, trunking, QoS, DHCP, DNS, and VPNs are required.
Experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager and implementation requirements are desirable.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage network documentation, specifications, and schematics for LAN/WAN and wireless network architectures
- Perform analysis of hardware and software solutions including tools and techniques to meet specification and design
- Assemble, integrate and configure network equipment
- Conduct testing of network design
- Manage and maintain a smooth operation of network environments while working with an interdisciplinary team of systems, network, software, and hardware engineers
- Work under the direction of senior network communications engineers
- Manage technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, firewalls, hubs, and switches (Nexus and Catalyst), etc.
- 5 Years experience with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with Ph.D. Will accept 8 Years experience in lieu of education. Must have or be able to obtain Network Certification. Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- Experience with IT Infrastructure Management/Monitoring Tools (e.g., WhatsUpGold, Splunk, SolarWinds, Cisco Secure Servers – ISE) and Techniques.
- Experience with network configuration and troubleshooting, to include routing, switching, access lists, and firewalls.
- Experience with diverse network architectures, designs, and implementations as well as network security architectures
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and be able to adapt quickly to change
- Proficiency in MS Office including PowerPoint and Visio
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint to transform complex technical information into high-level, concise and clear presentations
- Strong written/verbal communication and attention to details
- Experience in project management
- Ability to perform network analysis
- Other IT Related Certifications
- Skill sets or experience using protocol analyzers/sniffers (such as Wireshark).
- Experience in Network Management Systems (HP Network Node Manager or Solarwinds or NAS/SAN technologies (NetApp, or Gigastore).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top