Network Communications 3
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place you.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life.
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Network Communications 3 to maintain smooth operation of local area, worldwide and virtual private networks (VPN). Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings. Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions. Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems. May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment. May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
- 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD. In lieu of formal education, 9 years of applied experience may be considered.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends.
- Individual must be willing to work outside of normally scheduled times, after hours support, and extended work days.
- Must have an active Top Secret clearance.
- Must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period of up to 120 days away from primary work location.
- Must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel.
- Must attain and maintain DoDI 8570 certification if an offer of employment is extended.
- Requirements Capture
- Test and Implementation
- Integrated Maintenance Data System
- Unix/Solaris Operating Systems and Principles
- Windows Server and Desktop versions.
- Wide Area (WAN) and Local Area (LAN) networking
- Group policy design, testing and implementation
- Radio Frequency Transmission Systems
- Satellite Communications Systems
- Oracle RAC
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top