Network Communications 2
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Network Communications Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Chester, VA.
The qualified applicant will become part of a Northrop Grumman's Virginia Information Technology Agency (VITA) program responsible for providing end-to-end Voice and Telecommunications support. The Network Communications Level 2 will ensure smooth operation of multi-user voice systems, including coordination with network administrators and network engineers. Interacts with end-users and evaluates vendor products. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform timely updates to ticketing system to meet SLA's, while being observant for opportunities for improvement.
- Perform troubleshooting of complex problems with Unified Communications network and services and demonstrate innovative problem analysis and sound resolution skills.
- Draft appropriate VoIP support documentation including operational instructions. Provide regular monitoring and analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house processes.
- Become valued team member of operations staff and provide team leadership on technical challenges and be accountable to customer concerns while addressing an outage or incident.
- Provides daily status and monthly reporting of Voice/Telecommunication tools
- Monitor and report system errors
- Associate's degree and 4 years related experience; or Bachelor's degree, five years' experience in lieu of degrees
- Extensive VoIP experience ( 3 years), preferably within an Enterprise environment.
- 3 of Cisco Unified communications experience installing, maintaining, configuring, and troubleshooting VoIP equipment including Cisco gateway routers, call managers, Unity servers, etc.
- 3 years of experience troubleshooting and resolving network/VoIP anomalies on a 24x7, mission critical operational network.
- In depth understanding of VoIP protocol set and system interaction.
- Functional knowledge of Windows Server operating and virtualization technologies.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- US Citizen is Required
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Bachelor's degree
- Cisco certifications in Voice/VoIP
- Experience or certification in ITIL.
- Demonstrated experience driving innovation and process improvement in a 24×7 operation.
- Previous experience working in a commercial outsourcing business or managing an outsourced VoIP operation with multiple customers.
- Innovator in streamlining workflow and reducing redundant or inefficient processes
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top