Network Communications 2
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Network Communications 2 to help support a program located in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Maintains smooth operation of local area, world wide and virtual private networks (VPN).
- Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
- Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
- Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems.
- May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment.
- May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
- Providing input to and reviewing system architecture, designing ground station environments to include: computing, storage, networking, audio video, and infrastructure components, participating in peer reviews of engineering products and artifacts, coordinating the hardware specific design with other disciplines to ensure successful system integration.
- Troubleshoot technical problems and issues and determine technical solution in accordance with product and customer expectations.
- Apply business principles and practices to assist in the planning/coordination of the overall design and subsequent implementation of the design as well as monitoring the procurement, installation and configuration of the designed hardware system into operational elements and segments.
- Provide support to team leads, design team, other hardware engineers.
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience; or 6 years of related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Must have an active interim Secret clearance
- Familiarity with Cyber Security
- CCNA with CISCO firewall and switch experience
- Hardware installation experience
- Able to read interconnect and wire diagrams, reference designator, and cable list
- Video routing and distribution
- Microsoft Visio
- Ability to obtain a passport
- Active Secret clearance
CompTIA Security minimum
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top