Network Communications 2
Northrop Grumman is seeking to hire a Network Communications Level 2 to join our team in defining the future. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA . The qualified applicant will become part of the Northrop Grumman's Information Technology Team
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains smooth operation of local area, worldwide and virtual private networks (VPN).
- Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
- Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
- Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems.
- Coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment.
- Design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
- Bachelor's degree with 2 years of relevant experience or 6 years of relevant experience.
- Active secret clearance.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends.
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE Certification.
- Previous experience troubleshooting network procedures and best practices; experience with network challenges associated with systems integration, including COTS integration, capacity analysis, and system architecture design.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of network analysis tools (e.g., WireShark, OpNet, etc.).
- Strong Knowledge of TCP/IP.
- Strong knowledge of LAN concepts such as VLANs, trunking (port tagging) and spanning-tree.
- Strong knowledge of WAN technologies such as EIGRP, BGP, and telco circuits (T1, T3, OC3).
- IP addressing design and subnets.
- Experience using test equipment such as protocol analyzers and cable test sets.
- Knowledge of government grade encryption gear such as (TACLANES).
- Knowledge of Cisco hardware.
- Knowledge of classified network design is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Current active Top Secret clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top