Network Communications 2
Network Communications 2
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence… Northrop Grumman ESCSO is seeking a Network Communications professional to join our team in defining the future. This position will be located in Mclean, VA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information Technology support team.
Maintains smooth operation of local area, world-wide and virtual private networks (VPN). Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Proposes solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings. Creates and ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions. Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems. May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment. Designs network or portion of network that includes selection of hardware and software packages.
- Plan, manage and execute complex network system changes in support of customer requirements.
- Support network teams in project designs to clarify project requirements, provide design solutions, in accordance with standards.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of network infrastructure and associated systems.
- Document network hardware and software technology components.
- Install and configure Cisco routers, switches and firewalls.
- Strong knowledge of LAN concepts such as VLANs, trunking (port tagging), spanning-tree and protocols.
- Strong knowledge of WAN technologies such as EIGRP, BGP, and telco circuits (T1, T3, OC3)
- Interface regularly with customers and manage customer installation timelines and deliverables to help facilitate successful deployments.
- Strong communications, writing and editing skills needed. Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Must be a self-starter who can follow standard process and procedures and work on their own or in small teams with minimal supervision.
2 Years with Bachelors in Computer Science (preferred Networking) or IT related field
Complete understanding of IP addressing and sub-netting
Experience with analyzing or building Cisco routing and switching networks
Experience configuring routers and switches using HSRP, Trunking, VTP, and spanning tree
Working knowledge of network protocols such as OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, and MPLS
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, PowerPoint and Excel
- Cisco certification CCNA or similar highly desirable
Secret clearance is preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top