Network Communications 1
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Network Communications Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Chester, VA.
The qualified applicant will become part of a Northrop Grumman's Virginia Information Technology Agency (VITA) program responsible for providing end-to-end Voice and Telecommunications support. The Network Communications Level 1 will ensure smooth operation of multi-user voice systems, including coordination with network administrators and network engineers. Interacts with end-users and evaluates vendor products. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform timely updates to ticketing system to meet SLA's, while being observant for opportunities for improvement.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve basic problems with Unified Communications network and services and demonstrate innovative problem analysis and sound resolution skills.
- Participate in drafting VoIP support documentation including operational instructions.
- Become valued team member of operations staff and report to team leadership on technical challenges
- Be accountable to customer concerns while addressing an outage or incident.
- Provides daily status of Voice/Telecommunication tools
- Monitor and report system errors
- Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree or four years' experience in lieu of degrees
- Basic VoIP knowledge preferably within an Enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of Cisco Unified communications experience installing, maintaining, configuring, and troubleshooting VoIP equipment including Cisco gateway routers, call managers, Unity servers, etc.
- 1 years of experience troubleshooting and resolving network/VoIP anomalies on a 24x7, mission critical operational network.
- Understanding of VoIP protocol set and system interaction.
- Functional knowledge of Windows Server operating and virtualization technologies.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- US Citizenship is Required
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Bachelor's degree
- Cisco certifications in Voice/VoIP
- Experience or certification in ITIL.
- Demonstrated experience driving innovation and process improvement in a 24×7 operation.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top