Network Architect 4
Northrop Grumman Technology Services Sector is looking for a Network Architect to provide guidance and support to engineering teams on a large program located in Chester, VA.
The selected individual will work as part of an Architecture and Engineering organization responsible for a customer facing custom solution development process as well as supporting the evolution of enterprise service models, processes, and technology supporting the program. This role will liaison closely with the Network Services engineering team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The qualified candidate will work under the direction of the Technology Strategy and Enterprise Management Services manager. The candidate will support the functions of the team including preparation of semi-annual product roadmap reports, architectural support of Network service area to evolve their use of technology, and supporting the custom work request process. Typical activities in this area include requirements gathering, customer needs assessments, system integration and interface needs, solution designs and implementation support, forward looking technology strategy development, and support/creation of service business cases. In this role, the candidate will work most closely with the Network engineering team and is expected to be able to communicate at a senior network engineer level.
- Work with service owners to understand their use of products within the environment
- Track, research, understand, and provide guidance on technology changes, advances, and improvements.
- Track product vendor releases help service owners understand and plan for vendor release cycles
- Maintain product data in existing product tracking database
- Work with customers (internal and external) to capture, and clarify customer needs
- Develop solutions, using existing service models, to support customer requirements
- Support solution implementation by providing teams with information about design aspects and ensuring implementations correctly meet requirements
- Develop and support strategic initiatives for technology and service changes
- Bachelor's Degree and 9 years experience related to technology design and support OR Master's Degree and 7 years experience related to technology design and support, an additional 4 years related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- 7 years experience in data networks, network platform/service (server/workstation/database/directory service fields).
- Experience with Cisco networking products (switches and routers)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse levels of technical and non-technical staff
- Experience with Office product, specifically Excel, Word, Visio
- Demonstrated experience working closely with customers and cooperatively as part of a cross-functional team
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to analyze and resolve customer issues efficiently
- Advanced Cisco certification(s)
- Working knowledge of network hardware and software applications, and emerging technologies.
- Gap analysis and remediation by identifying requirements unmet by current products or services and recommendations for addressing requirement gaps.
- Participation in technical design reviews, system integration testing, and troubleshooting/functionality testing.
- Excellent writing and technical documentation skills
- Excellent planning, organization, scheduling and progress reporting skills
- Excellent teamwork skills to collaborate with a diverse team of skilled systems engineers
- Excellent communications skills to articulate complex technical issues to diverse audiences
- Architecture Certification (e.g. CEA, TOGAF)
- MS in Engineering/Computer Science/Information Systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top